platelet-rich plasma (PRP)
Usage of platelet-rich plasma (PRP) in aesthetic medicine is a new concept in dermatology and cosmetic medicine.
PRP has been used to treat:
- Minimize the signs of facial aging.
- Skin rejuvenation and tightening around the eyes.
Platelet-rich plasma is injected by multiple tiny punctures under the dermis, with topical local anesthesia.
HOW PRP WORKS?
When PRP is injected into the damaged area, it stimulates the tissue, causing mild inflammation that triggers the healing cascade. As a result, new collagen begins to develop. As this collagen matures, it begins to shrink and tightens and strengthens the skin. Improvement in skin texture and tone is noticeable within 3 weeks. Full collagen regeneration requires 3 months. The PRP treatments can be used on all skin types and tones.
Advantages of PRP Rejuvenation:
- Uses body’s own natural platelets so there is no risk of allergic reaction
- Natural collagen is formed in response to the presence of the activated platelets
- PRP is ideal for the patient who does not want any synthetic fillers
- There is little to no swelling, bruising, or lumping as the fluid assimilates in the natural skin environment
- PRP can be used to enhance laser procedures for faster and improved healing
- PRP Therapy is equally as effective in men as in women