Cosmetic and Reconstructive Plastic Surgery
The most important step when choosing a plastic surgeon is selecting a surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. Board certified surgeons such as Dr. LoMonaco have met rigorous training requirements, and are required to uphold a high standard of continuing education. Dr. LoMonaco’s teaching experience, plus full training as a plastic surgeon make him a natural choice to help you get the best possible results.As you explore our website, remember that you can connect directly with the doctor by using the Quick Contact boxes on each page. Dr. LoMonaco’s friendly staff is also on hand to answer all of your questions.
Plastic Surgery Facts:
Here are some interesting facts about plastic surgery (American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery’s 2010 cosmetic procedures survey):
- 318,123 people had a breast implant surgery in 2012
- 2,414 total surgeries performed in patients over the age of 65
- 4,153 surgeries were performed in patients under age of 18
- 91 percent of patients are woman
Pros and Cons:
- Benefits of Plastic Surgery:
- Can help you greatly improve your appearance have more self-confidence and help you have a better body image. Of course, results might vary from patient to patient and procedure to procedure but over all plastic surgery is a great alternative for patients seeking to reshape their bodies or correct unwanted anatomical features. Depending on the type of procedure, plastic surgery might be minimally invasive and might leave very small scars. Recovery time and results can greatly change according to the procedure, technique used, and the own healing process of the patient.
- Negative side of Plastic Surgery
- All surgical procedures carry some risks and require a through evaluation by an experienced plastic surgeon. With right equipment, techniques, and an experienced surgeon risks and side effects might be greatly reduced.
The Importance of Finding a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon
In Texas, any licensed medical doctor can legally perform a surgical procedure and call himself a plastic surgeon. This puts patients at risk by leaving such an important and life changing decision in the hands of some who might not have a well-developed practice in the rigorous field of plastic surgery. In order to protect patients from doctors without rigorous surgical experience, the American Board of Plastic Surgery came up with a certification that allows experienced surgeons to ratify their credentials and help patients choose the right surgeon with the right training. In order to become a Board Certified Plastic surgeon, doctors are required to go through an intensive training and residency in plastic surgery, pass rigours written and oral examinations, and overall prove to the board that they are fully capable of taking the right decisions at the right time.
Types of Plastic Surgery:
- Tummy Tuck: A procedure to firm up skin around the abdominal area, remove unwanted fat deposits, and have a slimmer mid-section.
- Breast Augmentation: There are several ways to help patients increase their breast size with and without implants
- Liposuction: Helps remove unwanted body fat fast and in many cases with minimal invasion.
- Arm Lift: An amazing procedure than can help remove lose skin and fat deposits around the arm
- Mommy Makeover: A combination of procedures usually centered around the needs of modern moms.
Plastic Surgery Cost:
Because each patient has specific requirements and needs, the cost of plastic surgery can vary greatly from patient to patient. There are several factors needed to take into consideration when budgeting for the procedure. Such factors include: the type of procedure and your geographic location, the surgeon’s fee, anesthesia fee, operating room fee and implant fee (if applicable).